I guess July means race month! Saturday, July 13, Marc competed in the Spudman triathlon. He's done the race for the past 3 years. I think its a good race for him that lets him know where he's at training wise and there's usually several of his friends that run it too. He and Dan Rhoton were running it together, the men drove up together early to get everything all set up transition wise and be up at Lucky Peak early. The kids and I rode up with Aja (Dan's wife), and got there just in time for the race to start!
Marc was a little slower coming out of the water this year, but still looked good!
We found our way back down the mountain to the run transition and just had to wait a few minutes before Marc came him, while he was getting his shoes on, and starting out, Dan was just on his heels. Aja and I couldn't decide what they'd do. We figured if anything, Dan would probably catch Marc, but they would probably finish it together, which is exactly what they did.
Lexi didn't have fun at all with two big girls who gave her so much love and attention:
Each dad had several kids wanting to bring him into the finish line! Both men did a fantastic job and we are so proud of them! Despite the lack of training, brutal heat, and having just returned from a business trip, we were especially proud of his hard work. Great job babe!






No comments:
Post a Comment