Tyler and Bryce worked hard this year to earn their tickets for Roaring Springs Water Park. They both had to read over 600 minutes, not including homework time. The kids watch for Roaring Springs every time we drive on the free way, and I didn't stop hearing about it once they saw that it was open for the season! We had to use the tickets by the end of June, otherwise 2 free tickets, turns into buy one get one free. And at $28/ticket, we weren't about to let them go to waste!
Several things complicated the trip this year. Lexi got to go last year (she was free). She would have known if the boys went and she didn't, and she's old enough to know what she's missing out on. We had to pay for her this year, and she's not tall enough to go down the slides that are not in the "kiddie area". I'm pregnant and not allowed on the slides. Tyler and Bryce, in my opinion, are not ready to have free reign of the water park by themselves. We really needed Dad to go too and make a family event out of it.
We searched ticket prices and discounts and finally discovered the most affordable way for all of to go was to go at 3:30 until closing on a Thursday. Ticket prices were half-off and Marc didn't have to miss as much work.
We started in the kiddie area for a while, then made a few laps around the lazy river. The second time around, the kids wanted to go without tubes. I know they can all swim, but it still made me a nervous wreck! I was so glad Marc was there to be another set of eyes on everyone.
After the wave pool, the kids and Marc rode down a racer slide. All of them could go at the same time, and it was the only slide Lexi could go on. I was on camera duty :)
We slipped out of the park for a picnic dinner. I brought fried chicken, strawberries, chips, and capri-suns to eat. Feeling re-energized we headed back in for more fun. The boys were ancy to ride some of the bigger slides. We were contemplating getting in line for the family raft one, but Lexi was a hair too short, and I was worried we'd waste an hour waiting in line for her to be turned away. Instead, the boys each got to take a turn with dad on the "avalanche" while I played with Lexi in the kiddie area.
They enjoyed the drop off slide.
After a few more trips in the lazy river, they decided to wait in line again for the racing slide. It was minutes away from closing time and I had no idea if they'd let everyone who was in line go down or cut them off. Fortunately, they let us go down, even though it was several minutes after 8.
We had a great time! We were definitely worn out, but happy by the end of the night.












No comments:
Post a Comment