Friday,
July 5 started out a little more sluggish than the first day! People
took their own time waking up and getting started, and trickled in for
breakfast (me included, I finally fell into a deep sleep in the early
morning hours and was grateful to just be left in the room to sleep).
My mom got everyone a "Team Galloway" shirt, and Friday became the unofficial day to sport our new t-shirts. I finally realized at the end of the day that I was sporting a Youth Medium shirt instead of an Adult sized shirt. And here I was just feeling super pregnant :)
That night we had a talent show. Participation was optional, but nearly all of the kids chose to do something.
Growing up, "Squeak" was the game of choice. I have some type of weird ability to combine speed, number sequencing, and sorting in an uncanny way. Plus, my super-competitive nature comes out and apparently, I'm the partner to have and some type of legend. LOL. If only I could find a way to make money off of those mad skills :)
After "Squeak" we brought out the poker chips again and had quite the riveting game. We stayed up late and enjoyed bantering back and forth.
Saturday was more of a "do what you want" kind of day. My mom took several of the kids to West Yellowstone to go souvenir shopping. Marc biked from the cabin to "Big Springs Creek" and we met him over there. When I was a little girl, I remember being able to see hundreds of fish in the crystal clear water. We'd feed them bread and watched them practically jump out of the water after it. When we showed up this year, the first thing we noticed was the hundreds of seagulls on the creek. We tried tossing a few bread crumbs into the water and the seagulls flocked to the bread scaring away all the fish. Dang birds! We were so disappointed!
We hiked down a little trail in hopes that we could see some of the fish. We saw a few and watched some of them jumping out of the water which the kids loved. Unfortunately, the birds followed us down the river too and continued to scare away the fish as we tried to throw bread out to them. All in all, we got to spend time in a beautiful location, enjoy nature, being outside together, and re-visit some old memories.
Saturday evening, Marc and I were in charge of dinner. As we were getting food prepped, another thunderstorm came rolling in. My sweet husband sat out in the rain grilling up chicken skewers for me. He sure loves me :)
It was a laid back evening. Chatting, hanging out, laundry and packing. We left mid Sunday morning to drive back to Boise. I'm so grateful for the chance that we had to get together! I love that I got to know some of my nieces and nephews better and that we got to spend so much time with my brother that lives so far away.












No comments:
Post a Comment