We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Friday, September 20, 2013

Cousin's Camp

My sister-in-law, Codi, puts on "Cousin's Camp" each year for all the kids. It is one of the most anticipated events of the summer! My kids love it, Codi enjoys doing it for them, and we love the time that we get to spend together as a couple without all the munchkins. This year was a bit complicated for Codi, because they were in the middle of moving, and in between the time where they had to be out of their rental and couldn't yet move into the new house. It was originally scheduled for labor day, but got moved back to the Saturday beforehand. Which was totally fine, but Marc had to work...

We dropped the kids off at 9:00 am on Saturday, August 31st. They started off hiking Table Rock (which I have lived here most of my entire life and have never done!) Apparently, they loved it! Loved exploring the caves and such that are up there. Lexi was real tough and made the hike all by herself. Tyler decided to run down the mountain and biffed it. He had a big old scratch across his chest. After the hike, they played games at a nearby park and ate lunch. They were supposed to have gone to Eagle Island to go swimming, but played so long at the park that there wasn't time. The boys both said the hike was their favorite part of the day.

After the park, they went over to a place called "Jump Time" which is a huge indoor trampoline play place. The kids said they loved that there was a ball pit to jump into, and even a trampoline on the wall that you could bounce off of. Lexi said Jump Time was her favorite part of the day.

After Jump Time, all the kids went to Grandma's house for dinner and a craft. They painted and decorated little bird houses. My mom said all of the kids were delightful, they loved being together, were extremely well behaved and had a great time.

The kids were then able to go to Target and pick out their own movie treat from the dollar section! They stayed up late watching two movies, "Epic" and "The Croods" which I haven't seen yet. They stayed the night and we picked them up around 10:00 the next morning. All 3 of them were like little zombies! We had a little time before church started, so I made them take a nap before church, though Lexi was the only one to actually fall asleep. The boys were dragging all day. I think they learned that  staying up until 12:30, after a full day of activities and playing, has its consequences!

As for Marc and I, after we dropped off the kids, we went over to his office. I was going to help him with some projects, but I was running on little to no sleep. He found a quiet, dark room with a couch on it and put me to sleep. I took a 3 hour nap!! Whew, guess I really needed it! I ran to a craft store real quick and got some stuff to make some baby head bands with, then came back and picked up Marc and we went to the temple together. I didn't try my temple dress on beforehand, and I was really nervous that it wasn't going to fit. Fortunately, I could just squeeze into it, with a little help getting zipped. I was also worried about how I was going to be able to handle sitting for so long (church is miserably painful for me and there I can get up and walk around when I need to). I said a little prayer before the session started, and was grateful for the tender mercies shown by my Heavenly Father in relieving the pain for a little while so I could enjoy being in the temple.

We stopped for dinner at Chilli's. Marc stopped by a sno-cone shack to get me a sno-cone, and it was closed!! Boo! He was sweet to try! Instead we got half-price shakes at Sonic and went home to watch some football and just crash a little bit. I took some Tylenol PM knowing that I could sleep-in in the morning. Real exciting date night huh? It worked for us :)

No comments: