Marc went out of town for another business trip August 7-9th. My mom had asked if the kids wanted to do a playdate with her on Friday the 9th and I said "great!" so we were planning on that. I realized a few days beforehand that we would be down in Boise for football practice Thursday night, and it didn't make a ton of sense for us to drive back to Caldwell, only to come back to Boise the next morning since it was just the kids and I. I asked if she wouldn't mind if we spent the night and she thought that sounded like a great idea.
We were invited to eat dinner with her and my dad before practice. The kids tried spaghetti squash for the first time and loved it. Mom and Lexi ran a few errands together while I took the boys to practice. They joined us there, and afterwards we were each treated to a snowcone. It was heavenly! I haven't had one for years. The only problem was it started a whole new craving and I've wanted one every day since! (if only I could justify the cost of one!)
It was pretty late by the time we got home. We made up the kids sleeping bags and got them all settled in. They went to bed quickly and were very well behaved. Mom and I stayed up chatting for awhile. I didn't sleep well at all that night, what's new? The kids were still sleeping pretty heavily when a sales call came in at 8:00 in the morning and woke them all up. They watched cartoons while I lied around like a zombie until my mom got back from her water aerobics class.
I slipped out the door for a bit while my mom played with the kids doing what Grandma's do best. Kohl's was having an awesome clearance sale, and I had $25 worth of coupons, plus a 30% off total purchase coupon. I got the boys some new shirts, some "track" pants, Lexi a new dress, some shorts and t-shirts for next year, and several things for the baby for next summer (I'm completely off on seasons/sizes for the girls with Lexi being born in the spring and this baby being born in the fall). I felt like I got a lot of nice things for not very much money, and still got another $10 in kohl's cash. Sweet!
After I got back, we ate lunch, Claire and Nathan joined us and we went to play at Eagle Island for awhile. The kids loved swimming, playing at the "beach"and hanging out together. It was blasted hot, even in the shade. I think we stayed for a little over an hour and that was plenty for all of us.
We said our goodbyes at Eagle Island, I drove back to Caldwell and my mom took Claire and Nathan back to Meridian. We were completely wiped out, but it was a great day! Thanks again Mom for spoiling us so much and letting us enjoy the time with you!







No comments:
Post a Comment