I didn't take any pictures of Thanksgiving. We had dinner at my brother Jason's house. We brought chocolate pie, apple pie and cherry pie. I was quite proud of them and especially loved the homemade crusts (all of the other years I've made pies, I've usually used a store bought refrigerated). Dinner was really yummy. We had fun talking and visiting.
I had done a lot of Black Friday shopping earlier (Kohls.com made their online deals available on the Monday before Thanksgiving I think?). However, I still bought a paper and scanned the ads after we got home from dinner. I debated whether or not to go out that night. I got woken up at 4:30 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep so I ended up going out to the stores. I went to Kohl's first (there was a $10 in store only coupon that was burning a hole in my pocket). I picked up a jacket for Marc. Then I went to Macy's and got a cute red jacket that Marc had pointed out for me. At the time it was $90, and I ended up getting it for $30 I think. Finally, I went to Fred Meyer's to get socks and underwear for the kids. I got home just as the kids were waking up. I think we set up the tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Isabel was so bewildered, but the kids' excitement rubbed off on her so she figured that all this stuff we were getting out had to be amazing! Lexi had to relinquish her role as the tree top star putter upper. I'm sure next year Isabel will do a much better job!


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment