We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Waiting and waiting and waiting

I'm 39 weeks along today, my due date is next Monday. I had really hoped that my Dr. would be able to induce me this Friday (they said that if I'm within a week of my due date and dilated 3 cm they would induce). It's been 10 days since my last appointment where I was 1.5 cm so I was feeling good about my chances...but apparently I haven't budged a bit since I was last checked. The Dr. I saw today could tell how disappointed I was and said that he would tentatively reserve a spot for me at the hospital on Friday, but I have to come in on Thursday to see if I've made any progress. So I now know nothing more than I did earlier today except that she's nice and comfy in there and has no plans of coming out any time soon.
My reasons for wanting to induce are simple. First of all, Marc would get to spend the entire weekend with the kids and the baby without having to worry about missing classes. Secondly, my mom would know for sure when to come. And third, I am a planner, most of you know that about me. I don't deal well with not knowing the details about when something is going to happen. So anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something will happen between now and Thursday (maybe I need to go hit the track?) So in the mean time, we wait (and wait!)

1 comment:

Whitney Blake said...

Can you believe it is already here. I remember you telling me in the parking lot of the church and now... it could be any day now!! WOW. I am so excited, you will have to keep us updated.