We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Seriously??

We got a phone call Sunday morning asking Marc if he could meet with the Bishop (in 45 minutes) before church. We didn't think much of it, I thought he might be asked to teach or something like that. I was sitting with the kids in the pew waiting for church to start when my arm was squeezed and Marc was telling me I needed to come with him. We had a little "family meeting" in the kitchen of the church where I was informed my husband had accepted a calling to be the Ward Mission Leader. OK, seriously?? We've been in the ward for a month and he goes and gets himself a calling like Ward Mission Leader?? He now gets to go to meetings on Sunday mornings, and visits during the week, and coordinate a bunch of other stuff that neither one of us are really sure what all he will be doing. In Marc's words, I'm "bitter and resentful" which is true. I don't get to spend a lot of time with my husband anyway, and with a new baby on the way, life is going to get a whole lot crazier and this just means more time AWAY from us. I couldn't do much more than cry on Sunday. I guess Heavenly Father is really testing my ability to "Trust in Him" and "Sustain" our church leaders because I'm just finding it really difficult to understand why we are getting this calling right now. I did sustain Marc, with great difficulty! And I'm going to do my best to be the supportive wife, I'm just going to need lots of help and encouragement along the way.

3 comments:

Tolmans said...

Julie--- oh my friend. I am right there with you :) i have a seriosuly hard time with steven's calling in YM's. He was also called while I was pregnant and we were brand new in the ward. Right now it takes him away from home a lot of tuesdays, all wednesdays, all thursdays plus campouts and sunday meetings. add home teaching on top of that.... i was thinking baout ALL of this just last night :) Our church is busy... busy busy busy!! and keeps us moving. it is very hard to be supposrtive but, maybe that is the reason Marc got this calling... for BOTH of you. Thats is kinda the point I am getting to now with steven. I just gotta do it and be supportive or else it just causes more problems between me and him. good luck and know that... i am feeling your pain to and i will cross my fingers that it wont be too bad :) LOVE YOU

*katie said...

Oh good luck and I hope you get to see him more than your planning on now...perhaps things won't be as bad as it seems...at least you can hope!!

Katie said...

Congrats on the bittersweet calling. I have definitely been there (Ryan was called to serve in the Spanish Branch presidency when he was in dental school with night classes right before Bridger was born until we moved out here.) and at times you want to scream! But I can honestly tell you from experience that you will definitely be blessed for your sacrifices! I was just thinking the other week how much we all still miss Marc in Primary. He will be a great Ward Mission Leader!