We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Blessing Dress

I'm done with the blessing dress!! I could have just done the white gown underneath and been perfectly happy....but I wanted her to have a beautiful gown so I put a bunch of fancy touches and made the overcoat too. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and I'm kind of excited about the pink in it. I know it's somewhat unconventional, but its feminine and fun! Plus, I found all of the trim at Walmart for a fraction of the cost it would have been in the fabric stores, what a deal! Now I just need to stick it in the closet so I don't keep picking at it and I can just walk away.

5 comments:

Whitney Blake said...

WOW it is beautiful! How fun you made it, it is truly prettier then any of the other ones I have ever seen.

Nick & Steph said...

That is so pretty!

Jenny said...

The dress is beautiful! I a, glad that she is still a she... with the little scare at your appointment. Miss you!

Ducksfly2gether said...

Gorgeous!

Tiffany said...

Julie, the dress is so pretty! I am jealous that I don't have the talent to do something like that. I hope you are doing well. Just a little bit longer until you welcome your baby girl!