We woke up this morning to a snow covered yard/street. So when Marc was up at school taking a test, I bundled up the kids and we played in the snow out in the backyard. The kids had a blast just running around "making tracks". I tried to teach Tyler how to make a snow angel and he did great until he put his gloves on his face and white washed himself. It was too powdery to make snowmen but I did try! I've been asked over and over again if we've taken the kids sledding and the answer is no. I certainly am not going to be lugging the kids up a hill over and over again and for as short as they can tolerate the snow without getting too cold, its just not worth the effort. Maybe next year, or unless somebody comes to take the kids sledding for me. Here are a few pictures from our morning.
Those of you who know us well know that we have never really celebrated Valentine's Day, which really is a shame because I'd love to have some chocolates right now!! But we did go out on a date last night!! We got all dressed up, I even wore a red top and heart jewelry and we had dinner, went to "an uplifting evening with Bronco Mendenhall" which was really enjoyable, then had dessert at the creamery. It was a great night, we're especially grateful to the Eliason's who watched our kids for us so we could go out. Hope you all have a happy day celebrating your love for one another :)
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Happy Valentine's Day!
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the snow! I wish we could get some...for a day only though! Lucky you for your date night! I'm only dreaming of that for now. Once Alan starts work in June--perhaps then we can celebrate!
Post a Comment