Last week was my big push for selling as much as we could. After e-mails to the members of our church, the mothers of twins group I belong to and posting the rest on Craigslist we've made a huge dent in the list of items to sell. Craigslist has been AMAZING! In a matter of 3 days, I sold our dining room set, our couch, a nightstand, full weight set, tv and stand, and a few toys here and there. Things have kind of slowed down a little bit now . I've had a couple of things that people said they were going to come get, and there never showed, so that's frustrating, but part of selling I guess. We sold two cribs, a dresser, a freezer, a futon, bakers rack, office chair, mini trampoline, toys, but still have a lot more to go. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can still sell a couple more big items. Marc and his brother cleared a bunch of junk out of the garage and took it to goodwill. I'm sure we'll be making a few more trips there before the end of all of this, but it feels so good just to be purging all of the stuff that we don't really NEED. I guess that's the thing about downsizing, is that it really makes you re-evaluate what you need, if its really worth taking up space and if its better to just sell it now and try to buy something else when you move. Anyway, we're making progress! Like I said, we still have a long ways to go, but it feels great to look at a room and hardly see anything in it anymore.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is my favorite part about moving is getting rid of stuff that has been sitting around and that we don't need. Way to go on being so on top of that all!!!
Post a Comment