We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Keeping My Head Above Water

We had a big church activity (Enrichment) for all of the ladies in our ward tonight. I am so grateful for these ladies that have become my good friends. I have felt so loved, and so overwhelmed by their willingness to help, and their generosity in doing whatever it takes to help get us packed up and out. Where else do you hear, "I hate that you're leaving, I'm so sad that you're leaving" followed by "what can I do to help you?" I have my kids going to so many different houses in the next upcoming week, they're not going to know where home is anymore!! My heart has just been touched by the amount of love that has been shown to me. It makes it that much harder to leave and say goodbye to all of them. I was asked over and over, "how are you doing" and honestly, I'm ok. My head is above water at this point. I don't have one single box packed, but I've been selling things like hotcakes trying to clear out room so we can fill it with boxes. I guess boxes make it that more realistic that we're actually doing this and I've been reluctant to take that step forward even though I'm running out of time!!

Things are falling together one step at a time for us. We lined up a duplex to rent for awhile in South Provo. It has 3 bedrooms & 2 bath, a carport and even a decent sized yard to share with our neighbor. I am grateful that we'll still have a little sense of privacy...that I won't have to climb 3 flights of stairs every day (with twins and a new baby) or worry about who is above, below, and on both sides of us. Apparently its a split level home so the living area is upstairs and the bedrooms are downstairs. The moving van won't be able to get there when we thought it would so that will make things a little tricky. It's scheduled to arrive on January 5th (we were hoping to get it there by the 2nd or 3rd). I can't believe this is all actually happening. I'm excited, but nervous and somewhat anxious. In the meantime, I'm going to "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" and keep from going under.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

hey, let us know if you need any help when you get here!

Cranberryfries said...

Jules please keep us posted. We'd love to have your family over for dinner (or even bring you meals, whatever is easier!) while you're waiting for your stuff and/or unpacking.

You can even bring the boys over to play or we can set up a time to do library, chuckecheese or mcdonalds play stuff too :)