Today, I miss home. I miss getting together with family who loves me for who exactly who I am. Who know me personally and are interested in every little detail of my life. They understand me, they take the time to talk to me & they feel my emotions and care. I miss my brothers and their constant joking, sarcasm and competitiveness. I miss my sweet grandparents and how gentle they are. I miss family poker night and how riled up we'd all get. I miss my little nieces and nephews, I'm sad that my kids don't have the same relationship with their cousins as I did with mine growing up. I miss my sister-in-laws and chatting openly until midnight. I miss my parents....my mom's crazy obsession for "having everything nice" because she cares so much about us. I miss my dad's quietness and his sarcasm. I miss the sense of "belonging" and not having to worry about what others think about me or what they're saying behind my back. And lastly, I miss my friends who are more like family to me.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sorry!! I worked for a summer out in New Mexico far away from my family and friends (and all civilization for that matter) and missed my friends and family so badly!! Family is so important--I hope you get a chance to see them more frequently!
How strange julie- today I miss you a ton. We heard a thing on TV the other day... it said "what if you saw your best friend...." and there were some different things... Steven thought of You and Marc. Our game night was so fun, I really am embarresed that I threw water on Marc--- SORRY MARC> We love you guys and we totally miss you... but we will see you again!
LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment