We've had a fun week! On Monday we tried out an indoor playground center called "Recreation Outlet" On MWF they have "free" play time where you can come into the store and play on all the model toys for free! (Any other time you have to pay $4 to come play) We had a blast! The boys loved the little roller coasters and the slides, the trampoline and the swing sets. It was a perfect way for them to get out their energy!
On Tuesday morning we go to a music class that is taught by one of the ladies in our ward. The kids sing, dance and play with musical instruments. It's so much fun for all of us! I love being able to let the kids explore music through different facets and they are so cute to watch! They just soak it all in and get so excited.
Wednesday we were really busy with errands but still had a chance to make it to playgroup for a little while.
Thursday we accomplished all of our visiting teaching. We were a little disappointed that we couldn't go to the library for story hour but we'll try to go next week.
Friday morning was spent cleaning up from painting and getting the house back in order before I had a friends come over to scrapbook with me. The ladies came over at 7:00 and stayed until 11:30! It was so nice to have adult time and as my friend Debbie says to be known as "Julie" for the night.
Marc and I are contemplating making a lot of changes to the family room which is in pretty sorry shape right now. So we spent a good part of Saturday window shopping to get an idea of what we want to do with it. We were able to watch President Hinckley's funeral which I thought was a really special experience. I was surprised to be as emotional as I was. I didn't expect to cry and I pretty much wept throughout the whole thing. I am happy that he can be together with his wife, and be released from his body that was failing, but sad because I will miss him greatly.
On Sunday our Young Women's Presidency in which I was serving as secretary, was released (our president's husband just became Bishop and she could no longer hold the calling) I was called to be first counselor. I'm really excited about our new presidency, amazingly enough we're all under 27 years old! How nuts is that? We went to a Super Bowl party at our friends house tonight which was great. We stayed for the first half but had to leave to put the boys down. I think there was 8 kids under 3 , so it was pretty crazy most of the time! Anyway, hope you all have a great week!
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Our Week
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow busy week girl, life on the go as a mom! What a great find for that indoor play place! Love reading your blog.
The indoor play place sounds awesome! Especially since there are days that are free:) I would so love 4 1/2 hours of scrapping with my girlfriends...I need to plan that for some day soon!!
I love how your living room color turned out. It is so great! What a fun place for the boys to go too, I didn't even know it was there.
Post a Comment