We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Just rambling on....

I'm not sure what I really want to write about so bare with me... I feel like its been an ok/crazy busy week where I've had A LOT going on. I spent Tues, Wed, Thur, and Sat nights away from the kids. I enjoyed spending time as a brand new presidency on Wed and then bonding with the ladies from Relief Society on Thur for Enrichment. Saturday Marc and I went on a date, a real date where we hired a babysitter, went out to eat, attended the adult session of stake conference and then ate ice cream on the way home. We're making a new resolve to date each other more often. We've planned several upcoming dates in the next month and a half, so I expect you to check back in to make sure we're doing it!
I feel like so many aspects of my life are good, but they're not GREAT. They're not what they could be. Marc & I have really cracked down on finances the last 3 months and we're doing so much better but have a resolve that with a lot of work we want to be debt free by the end of this year. I'm committed to this & it's going to be a lot of hard work with sacrifices but it will benefit our family and our future so much to get it under control now!
I struggle in so many other parts of my life as well. I think sometimes it's overwhelming because it seems like there is so much and I just don't know where to start. Marc has these great goals of getting in physical shape, and getting more schooling under his belt, etc. I feel like I'm not doing anything to better myself and its just hard because I want to desperately but can't for some reason. I feel so lonely right now and I really shouldn't, I don't have any reason to, but I guess I just feel so down on myself that I tend to withdraw from everyone that I care about and hide in my own self-doubting world.
I feel weird posting this to anyone and everyone out there, but I guess I have the feeling that maybe some of you out there can relate. When you've found yourself in a spot like this how did you get out? What did you tell yourself to get going again?

3 comments:

Cranberryfries said...

Julie it's nice to know that I'm not the only one that has these moments too.

They come and go every now and then and I don't know if I've come up with a sure fire thing that has helped other than just waiting it out. I always try different things; having girls nights, dating hubby, buying something new for myself, but for some reason with me the only thing is just time. It passes and I'm ok again. It always sucks waiting it out though. :)

I hope you are doing well. Just know that there are MANY of us who love you and wish you the best. Feel free to email me any time and I'll tell you how wonderful you are and how grateful I am for your friendship!

Tolmans said...

Julie- I just love you. I have really been missing you alot lately and to get on a read this- honestly I can't decide if i breaks my heart or if it is a breath of fresh air- to know that everyone, every once in a while, feels that way. I am no sure exactly what I do when I feel that way- when I get in a "funk." Sometimes I go for a good run, sometimes I read my scriptures, sometimes I watch a good movie. I think most of the time I just have to remind myself that there is a lot of things about me to love. Things to love about myself and things about me for others to love. But, just remember- This too shall pass. You are loved and there is a lot about you to love! I LOVE YOU! I still love you and we hardly ever see each other anymore :)

Teresa Strum said...

Julie,
I think that you are a wonderful person. Sometimes it is hard to me a mom, and a wife.

I have many moments where I feel like you do though...lonely and feeling like I am not doing things to make myself better. When I feel like this, I do go and have a good cry and then I try and think of all the good things that I have done and accomplished.

you are a great mom, just look at all those words your kids know and other things they have learned because of you teaching them. Look at all the places that you take them to visit, you puree vegetables and sneek them into your kids food! You redecorate your home, and you are serving in the church (is it YW?). You are doing so many things to serve others. And are helping their lives to be better. Take comfort in knowing that you are helping all these people while Our Savior is not here on this earth to physically help them Himself. Through all of these simple and somtimes mundane tasks we can learn to be more like the Savior.

It sure will be nice when winter is over and we can all spend more time outside in the sunshine. I am sure that will lift all our spirits. I love you Julie.

-Teresa