We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Staycation Part 2


Monday, December 23, we grabbed lunch at Dairy Queen. They have a $5 lunch special which gets you a full combo meal + a frozen treat. We upgraded and got a blizzard to go with ours, yummy!










We tried to go bowling, however, when we showed up, there was some type of Senior Community party going on and they had the lanes shut down for it.

Codi, Ellie and Dallin came out to come swimming with us. We took Isabel in the pool for the first time. I wish I had a picture of her in the swimsuit. Lexi wore it easily when she was 4-5 months old.....I had to shimmy it on Isabel and her little pudgy arms and legs were squeezing out of it. She loved the water! I was afraid she'd get cold really easily, but she was in it for at least an hour while we played. I tried to keep her submerged to her chest to help. She seemed very content and happy to be included.

After swimming, the kids did a little bit of rock climbing, then we went back to our house, where Jen and the kids met us for dinner. Everyone stayed and visited for a little while, then Dallin, Nathan and Claire stayed to spend the night.

The girls and I made peanut butter kiss cookies with the girls while all the boys played with Legos. Then they all watched "Arthur Christmas" and had popcorn and movie treats.

The girls fell asleep quickly around 10. The boys chatted for a little bit, but settled down when we went up to remind them again.

The next morning, the boys were all up by 6:45 (Nathan is an early riser, I think 6:45 was sleeping in for him). Soon, we were all up and going. I made oatmeal with blueberries in it, and we got all the snow stuff gathered again to spend the day up at Bogus Basin.

We met up with the rest of the family, then started the trek up the mountain to the local ski resort. The older I get, the more car sick I get. It never used to bother me, now I get dizzy, a headache and slightly nauseated and anxious. It's real fun. We had reservations on the tubing hill. You pay to spend 2 hours on the hill. There's even a rope pull to get you back up to the top without breaking a sweat. We had a ton of fun!












I stayed with the baby for most of it. She slept the 1st hour and was passed back and forth while I took a few turns down the hill. I had to learn from Lexi what to do when I finally got my turn. She was a pro  at getting her tube hooked on the rope pull and the plopping down on the tube for the ride up.



We stayed the full 2 hours, and then my brother Jason invited us out to lunch at Flatbread Pizza in downtown Boise. They do specialty pizzas and cook them in a hot stone oven.




We got to watch them cook the pizzas, they are done in like 90 seconds! It was such a treat, and such a fun way to spend the day. We had been having such fun, we almost felt like Christmas Day would be a let down for the kids!





No comments: