We got back from tubing way later than anticipated. I had planned for my Mom and Dad to join us for dinner. I was going to do a big dinner with stuffed pork loin and all the fixings. I think we got home somewhere between 4 and 4:30. We were exhausted, full from eating a late, big lunch, and my parents were showing up in an hour. Bless Marc's heart, he kind of took over dinner for me. Not having any time to roast the meat, we did pork chops instead. My mom brought out some side dishes and I cut up some carrots and cucumbers. It was hardly fancy, nor any resemblance of what I envision for a Christmas Eve Feast, but it was food on the table, and my Dad kept going on about how much he enjoyed the pork chops, so I'll still call it a success.
Our celebrations were simple this year. We held a brief Family Home Evening. We read the nativity story together. The kids opened up their pajamas and we said Goodnight.
Unfortunately, Santa's helpers had some wrapping to do....we were up late
No comments:
Post a Comment