We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Friday, January 24, 2014

Nutcracker Jr. Performance

I took Lexi to see the "Nutcracker". It was a Jr. performance, aimed for a young audience, they only showed 1 hour of the ballet. I had spent a little time beforehand looking for "nutcracker for preschoolers" explanation. We found something that showed little clips from the ballet and gave a brief summary of what was going on in each scene. I think it helped both of us to understand the ballet a lot better and know what was going on. I have never seen the Nutcracker nor been to a ballet, so it was a first for both of us! Isabel came with us. She fussed at first, but I fed her and she slept the rest of the performance. Lexi loved the show! She said her favorite part was when Clara was dancing with the Prince. The length was perfect for her, she wasn't ready for it to be over, but probably would have been in another 15 minutes. Next year I think we'll try to go to the full performance.


No comments: