We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Change of Plans

At the beginning of the summer, I was getting all set for my preschool. I purchased two tables and 8 chairs off of craigslist. I had all the plans set up for the garage and how I was going to lay everything out. I had curriculum plans in my head, but I couldn't get past how much it was going to cost to get some major pieces of furniture and supplies. It would have taken me 6 months to break even, IF I had at least 6 kids enrolled. I was getting nervous about getting people to sign up, and if they wanted to see an open house of the preschool, I had nothing to show but a messy garage. As we were discussing all of this, I had the thought of taking the music curriculum out of the preschool and using it for a music class instead.

In Cincinnati, the boys and I attended a weekly music class and we loved it! I had been missing it ever since. After talking it over with Marc and some of my good friends, I started to get really excited about the possibility of teaching a music class for 2-5 year old's. I don't have to have everything the first month of class, just the basics, and I could break even within a month if I had enough interest. So a few weeks ago, I started to get the word out and I had instant response from people in Caldwell, before I knew it, I had 6 people signed up. I went ahead and purchased some musical instruments, a teachers songbook and some scarves and I now have 9 kids and their moms signed up for my class in Caldwell on Tuesdays at 10:00. We're starting classes the first week of September through December. I'm a little nervous, but more excited than anything! Time to access my inner silliness :)

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Go get 'em! Wonderwoman! You never cease to amaze.

Jaclyn said...

Yay! Have fun!

Ducksfly2gether said...

I have a handful of jingle bell bracelet things you can have if you send my your mailing address. ducksfly2gether at gmail dot com

I think it sounds awesome! I would be signed up if I lived there!! Congrats!