We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Canyon County Fair

July 28th the Canyon County Fair came to Caldwell. The kids were free that day, so Gina and I took the kids by ourselves and took a look around. We took a shuttle bus from the parking lot, and that was almost as cool as the rides from the perspective of a 5 year old.
We went to a agricultural tent to try and win some prizes for the kids. We had to answer a short quiz (the answers were posted all around the tent) and it talked about things like the mint production from Idaho, how many local dairy cows there are, and more that I just can't remember right now. It was enlightening! And the kids got some prizes which they were ecstatic about.

Next, we roamed around the animal stalls. Lots of goats, sheep & chickens & not enough hand sanitizer!
The firefighters were there with a safety bus/rv. Essentially, they talked to the kids about fire safety and what to do in case of a fire, especially if there is smoke. Then they filled the rv up with smoke and the kids had to find a way out on their hands and knees. The boys loved it! Lexi hated it! We climbed out a window with the help of a firefighter and then the kids got to pick out something from the prize box.

We met up with Gina's husband Bryan, and worked our way over to the ride portion of the fair.

I let the kids bring $1 each from their banks to go on a ride at the fair. I was ignorant to think that this was enough money. When we stood in line for tickets, they were selling 1 ticket for $1 and we soon discovered that the rides were at LEAST 3 tickets EACH! I was ready to walk away with disappointed kids, but Gina found someone who was willing to sell us 15 tickets for $10. It was still a little more than I wanted to spend, but we were able to make it work. Bryce & David picked the roller coaster to ride:
David went from happy and excited to terrified in a matter of seconds! Tyler chose to ride an airplane that went around in a circle. I thought that Lexi would ride with him, but she got too scared at the last minute and wouldn't ride without me. I didn't have enough tickets to ride and the carnie worker already ripped her tickets up, so we threw Bryce in for another ride at the last minute.

Our kids had a blast and it was a fun outing to get out of the house :)


No comments: