We started to feel the pinch in our budget last month as I was trying to get the kids some school supplies & clothes, plan for our upcoming relay race in Eastern Idaho, and hopefully still find funds for Marc and I to compete in a triathlon this summer. We had too little money and too much month left essentially and it really started to get me down. So I had to go back to the reason we're so tight and remind myself of the progress we're making in paying off our debt. Since March of '09, we've paid off over $10,000 worth of debt. I look at the sacrifice and the effort that it has taken to pay that off and the sense of accomplishment, even though we have more to pay, is fulfilling. We're still hoping to be debt free come March of 2012. We've almost matched our mortgage payment with student loan and credit card payments, so we're finally seeing the numbers drop pretty drastically every month. I just have to remind myself that we're going to soon be able to put that debt payment into savings and that number will go UP instead of down. What a day that will be!! We just gotta keep plugging along and making good choices. I cannot wait to be free of this feeling forever!!
Friday, August 26, 2011
Progress
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Friday, August 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're amazing!!! What a great accomplishment!
Post a Comment