We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Y-Not Tri

Marc and I both wanted to do a triathlon this summer 1) to check our progress and 2) to validate all the training! We couldn't both do the Emmett tri like we hoped, so I signed up for the Y-Not Tri at the last minute and used some money from babysitting to pay for it. The race is a 400 meter swim in a pond, 6 mile bike ride, and 2 mile run. I kind of scoffed at the distance in the beginning, but it was the perfect distance for me to really do well and excel in. I raced as a beginner, mostly because it started earlier we'd be able to get back to our kids faster to put them to sleep! But it turns out the beginner women's field was more competitive than the intermediate. I was about the 5th one out of the water, had a great transition to my bike and got on my way. I had my best bike time ever. I passed 2 ladies, then got passed by 1 right before the run transition. I got into the run transition and one of my shoelaces had been pulled out of the hole so I had to try and fumble with that for a moment. We ran along the greenbelt and it was a gorgeous night! I'm still working on my speed, but for the most part I held my own. There were two girls that I was trying to catch at the end, but they had too much distance and a stronger kick than I anticipated when I sprinted at the end. I came in 4th in my age group. My time in the intermediate division would have gotten me 2nd in my division!! It was a fun little race and I'm definitely happy with my finish and my effort :)

No comments: