We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Caldwell Night Rodeo

Marc and I wanted to take the kids to the Caldwell Night Rodeo, but tickets were ridiculously expensive, and we were looking at about $50 to take our family out. The YMCA was having a board member meeting, and the Mayor of Caldwell was in attendance. He generously offered rodeo tickets to some of the staff at the Y, and we were able to grab a few. Even better, the kids were free on Wednesday, August 17, so we were able to invite Gina & her kids. I've never been to a rodeo before, seems odd, considering I grew up here...but I guess football games had more of a priority than cowboys and horses :)


We had a blast! I had no idea how big of deal the Caldwell Night Rodeo is. There were cowboys from all over the United States, and even a few from other countries. We came early to watch the Youth division and I was so impressed with these little kids going out and busting it up on their horses.

Our kids did pretty well. They were really excited to go. There was enough variety to keep their attention, but it was just too long by the time we got to the main event. Lexi was done. It was kind of disappointing to leave early but we got enough of a taste. I gotta say, it definitely made me want to see Marc in a cowboy hat. There's just something sexy about a cowboy hat!

No comments: