My baby girl is two and a half! I was looking at her baby pictures with her today and just marveled at how big she's gotten so quickly. When the boys were 2.5 we were moving from Cincinnati to Provo and expecting Lexi. How could she really be as old as they were when we had her?Lexi is our silly billy. She loves to giggle and scream and has enough sass to put you in your place.
She's very smart. She picks up things that I've never taught her. For instance, she can count to 20 by herself, knows all her colors, recognizes more than half of the alphabet letters, can sing the days of the week song and so much more. She's learning right beside the boys and can retain it, which floors me. Tyler was singing us a song that he learned at school and soon Lexi was singing it along with him. It makes me smile.
Like the boys, she has her favorite blankie and entourage of animals/doll that comes with her every time she gets out of bed. She's a little mommy to her baby doll, Emmie. She loves Emmie and can often be seen cuddling her, soothing her, feeding her, singing to her, and asking her if "she's ok?"It's definitely been an adjustment to have brothers go to school all day and be the only child at home. The first few weeks, Lexi was extremely clingy and wouldn't let me out of her site all day. She's starting to get more comfortable with playing by herself for a little bit at a time. I love having just one child at home. I feel like I finally get the one on one that I always wanted but never had with the twins. Going "out" is so much easier with one child! Lexi is my little shopping buddy and enjoys grocery shopping, running errands and going to the YMCA with me. She looks forward to getting the boys off the bus, here she is looking out the window waiting for the bus to come:
While I was taking the Swim Instructor Certification course, the kids got to come to class with me one day while we were learning about the "Mommy & Me" swim curriculum. Ever since then, Lexi has been begging to go swimming and have lessons with me again. She loves the water, but it is definitely on her terms what she wants to do and doesn't want to do.
Her hair is really starting to get long, which is so much fun, and a royal pain! We're growing out her bangs so she's constantly brushing them out of her face. We try to keep her hair up as much as possible, but by the end of the day, we always get the "ragamuffin look":
Lexi wants so badly to wear makeup like her Mommy. If she sees me putting it on, she always asks for some. Here, she's put on her own makeup for us:
I was flipping through my old pictures and couldn't believe how much I see of myself in Lexi. Here's me when I was 2.

I can only imagine how much she's going to grow and learn and change in the next 6 months. Yikes!!!
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Lexi Girl
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So cute! I can't wait for the girls to get together. I am sure Kayte will be a little shy at first. But we are looking forward to seeing you all in December!
She's lovely. What a great kid. Well done there, Mom.
Post a Comment