We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Zoo, Girls Night, Luau

Wednesday morning we got to go to the Cincinnati Zoo. We've missed the zoo greatly, last year we were there nearly every week! Its one of the boys (and mine) most favorite places to go. We got to go through the new entrance. You can't even park in what used to be the "main entrance" It's different! But very nice. Right as we went in, there was a keeper with a snake out. So the boys got to go touch it. Tyler was a little more into the "hands on" snake experience than Bryce. Up a little ways further they had some Gallopagos baby sea turtles to look at and touch, so right off the bat the kids were totally excited.



We got to see how big Bakari, the baby gorilla has grown. He's the same age as the twins, so its fun to see the "toddler" gorilla and the similarities in the species. The most exciting animal was probably the rhinoceros! We came out from walking around the lion exhibit and the rhino was snorting and charging the keeper who was waving some branches at him. I've never seen a rhino move like that! It was awesome. The baby was a superstar. She was content in her stroller most of the trip, and just smiled and talked and enjoyed being outside.


The kids still remember the red train. Tyler started asking for it as soon as we got inside the zoo. Lexi was pretty enthralled by her first train ride.


The Polar Bears were swimming right by the glass again. Its so cool to watch them swim and be right up next to them.

We were wiped out by walking around for a few hours and only saw a portion of the animals there. I think the boys are going to try and go back with their grandma one more time before we leave, so that will be nice.

Wednesday evening, I got to go out with my girlfriends. I didn't even get a picture & I'm regretting that as I'm sitting here blogging, but it was a much needed, long overdue, night out with the ladies. I had so much fun just talking, laughing, listening, and being with some many wonderful friends. I didn't come home until 1:00 in the morning, and probably could have stayed out much later if we all didn't have kids to take care of, or work to go to the next day! But it was so much fun! Thanks girls for taking the time, and a little less sleep to come hang out with me :D

I can't even remember what we did Thursday....I know I made dinner that night & cousins came over. Friday morning we visited my old neighbor who lived across the street from us. She has twin boys who are a year and a half younger than mine. It was fun to catch up and see how all the kids have grown.

Saturday evening, Marc & I were invited to a luau at the Gatusso's home. We left the kids with Grandma & Grandpa and thoroughly enjoyed an evening with good friends! We ate tons of yummy food, talked, played water basketball, competed in a "chicken" throw down. I even learned and performed "tahitian" dance where I shook my buns and waved my arms around....I felt pretty stupid, but at least I wasn't alone! As Marc and I were talking, in some ways being at the party made us feel like we've never left. That was a good feeling to be able to feel loved and accepted by our friends again, but its going to make leaving again even harder as we have to say goodbye all over again until who knows when. It was another late night, & just as we were getting settled into bed the baby woke up and was up crying all night long. After getting out of bed several times, I ended up sleeping on the floor with her. The boys were up early the next morning (welcome back to parenthood)!

No comments: