We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Movie, Park, Pictures

Sunday we got to go to our old ward in Cincinnati. We got there early and claimed "our" old bench...Marc & I like to sit in the same spot every week, I don't know why, but we just do. Anyway, it was fun to see people's faces as they did a double take, like "what are you doing here?" There have been several families that moved out after we did and a ton of people out of town so we were missing a lot old friends, but it still warmed my heart to be with those that were there. The boys were excited to go into nursery with Sister Rupp again and kept asking "is it time yet?" It's weird how in some ways it felt like we had never left, but in other ways it felt like we had been gone for years.


Monday afternoon Marc & I got to go out to see Harry Potter. Its the only movie that we see in the movie theatre all year, so we had big expectations. And the trailers made it seem like it was going to be so awesome, but I have to admit I was really disappointed. It wasn't cohesive, strayed too far from the book, and didn't live up to its potential. Maybe I'll like it better when we watch it again on DVD. I don't think Marc disliked it as much as I did, his overall opinion is that they just used this movie to set up everything for the next one(s). At least we got to go out by ourselves, right?

Tuesday, we stopped by Once Upon a Child, & I picked up some pants and long-sleeved shirts for the kids. I've been so disappointed by the consignment stores in Utah, they're pathetic when it comes to selection and they're prices are so high that I might as well go spend 50 cents more and buy it new at Walmart. So I'm taking advantage of the stores here while I can. After that we went to Juliffs Park and let the kids play. It's fun to see how much they've progressed motor skill wise and watch them conquer the playground.





We took our family pictures that evening. I stressed about outfits for weeks, but I think it came together nicely. We were done in 15 minutes! I guess you could say the boys have a little bit of experience being photographed ;) so its nice that they'll cooperate and we can get done quickly and efficiently. I'm taking the kids back one more time to have some individual portraits done (have to take advantage of that too while I'm here!). Now all I need is a nice fireplace and mantel to go with our family groupings right? lol. Here's a little "teaser" of one of my favorites. It hasn't been color corrected or anything, but you get the idea.

No comments: