We've got lots to do to get ready for our trip to Cincinnati. We leave this Friday and don't come back until the 22nd, so its a long time to be away with 3 kids! I'm a list maker, and I think I have about 6 of them that I started last night!
We had to return/pick up some things at a couple of stores today so off we went. The kids were very cooperative, it was a successful outing until I got home and started looking through the stuff and couldn't find my wallet. Panic struck in. I called Walmart and nobody had turned it in. I checked everywhere in the car again & figured I must have left it in the cart. The kids were so not thrilled about going back to the store...so pacifiying them with a binky for Lexi, cherry popsicle for Tyler, and a brownie for Bryce we drove all the way back to the store. I worried the whole way there about having to call the credit card companies and bank to stop the accounts, thinking what a fool I was for leaving SSN numbers in the wallet, thinking what a pain and unnecessary expense to get a new license before Friday, etc. The boys kept asking what was wrong, I tried to explain that very important things were in my wallet, that I really needed it I asked them to say a prayer with me and ask Heavenly Father for help. Afterwards Bryce told me, "Heavenly Father and Jesus love us, they don't want us to be sad and cry" The wisdom of a 3 year old.
The cart corral where I had put away the cart was empty, inside there was hundreds of carts lined up and there was no way I could look through them all. The customer service people said "we just told you a few minutes ago that nobody had turned one in" (Yes....thank you, but it has been 15 minutes, thats a lot of people to come through those doors) they refused to take down my name & number in case it was turned in, some excuse about being way too busy & telling me it was my responsibility to keep checking (why do I keep shopping at Walmart?) In tears, I hauled all the kids back to the car. Just as I was calling Marc to ask for help in getting the phone numbers to stop the accounts, I reached into the pocket of the seat and pulled out the wallet. Apparently Tyler had put it in there, I wouldn't have ever put it there. The relief and grattitude towards a loving Heavenly Father who guided me to look in a spot that I would have overlooked otherwise, was overwhelming. I'm grateful for the opportunity to show my kids that prayers do get answered in our times of need!
Monday, August 3, 2009
A binky, a popsicle, and a brownie later....
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Monday, August 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment