I had my first "coupon run" last night. I hit the Smith's (Kroger owned) Mega Sale and stocked up on some cereal, crescent rolls, some meats, and other random things. It took a little bit of time to go over the list (www.grocerysmarts.com) figure out which coupons I have, clip them, organize them, and plan on how much I was going to buy. I was nervous, but excited to try my hand at this whole couponing business. I was a little bummed that some of the items that I was going to buy were out of stock, but I was able to get some fabulous deals, stock up our pantry a little bit and SAVE MORE THAN I BOUGHT! That was exciting. I had such a "shopper's high" that I went to to Albertson's first thing the next morning to hit their sale. Not only did I save a bunch of money, I got $10 to spend there on my next trip, and I qualified for a Kellogg rebate of $10, so basically the stuff I bought was FREE! Wahoo! I can't wait for next Tuesday night when the new grocery lists come out and I can snag some more awesome deals. I'm anxious to hit smiths again maybe over the weekend to see if they restocked some of their items. I figure I can get 4 boxes of fruity cheerios, 4 crescent rolls, and 2 pilsbury cinnamon rolls for $5 (with the sale, coupons, and $3.50 coupon from previous shopping trip).
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have to say I was skeptical but last night I went out to get gallon sized bags to store meat with and I spent 2 cents ($.02). The gallon sized freezer bags were Hefty gallon one zip bags (17 per box) and were 10/$10 ($1 a peice). Each box had a $.20/$.15 coupon on it and Julie had sent me with a $3.50 coupon. The total for 4 boxes was $4.27 and I had $4.25 in coupons. That was cool. (Marc)
what is the password for the website? I might give it a try!
Mitch, the password for our area is g84cbt. Let me know if you have any questions, its definitely worth sitting in the free class for an hour to learn the ropes. You should definitely try it!
I am always up for steals! how can I find out about the class?
Post a Comment