We love the Cincinnati Zoo! I think throughout the summer I've averaged a trip to the zoo each week and Tyler & Bryce would be happy if we went every day. I've taken hundreds of pictures there and pretty much don't bring my camera any more...but then I don't and I wish I had it!! We recently upgraded the membership so we can have unlimited train and carousel rides and that is one of the highlights for the kids. I believe that Bryce thinks the "red train" is an animal because it's at the zoo. We always talk about the animals we want to see (and saw) and he always talks about the "red train" and goes "choo choo!"
Tyler has a current obsession with the Manatees. He'll even "swim" like a manatee on the ground if you ask him to.
Today we were watching the gorillas when one of them started screaming/howling, then bared his teeth and chased the other gorillas around! Apparently the zoo acquired a new male gorilla and this was his first week he's been with the females and is not adjusting too well. I've never seen so many keepers watching on hand to make sure nothing got out of control.
Surprisingly we've only ridden the carousel once...I think usually because I'm so tired I just want to be out to the car and be done! But last week I thought it would be a fun little treat for the boys to ride and they loved it! Couldn't stop talking about how it went "
up and down!" I feel spoiled that I get to enjoy these moments with the kids so often and Marc misses out.
Anyway, next time somebody wants to go to the zoo with us just holler and we'd be happy to have the company (I get a free guest pass every time I go)
Friday, August 29, 2008
Zoo Outings
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We love the zoo too. My kids are always asking for the train and just recently we got a carousel which we haven't tried yet. Sounds like a good thing to upgrade the membership! :)
Post a Comment