We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Boat Trip

Back in April, our church had an auction to raise money for our youth to go to Summer Camps and Marc & I, along with our & Whitney won a boat trip. So this last Saturday we finally got to get on the water and it was so much fun! We took the kids along, somewhat nervous about how they'd do, but optimistic because we took them on the same trip last year. Can I just say that my kids are AMAZING! They were out in the boat in their life jackets from about 11:00 until almost 5:00 and the only time they complained was when their dad was water skiing!

I was pretty bummed to not be able to water ski (My Dr. told me it was not a good idea and I didn't want to risk anything) but I enjoyed being on the boat with everyone. Both Marc and I agreed that the most fun time for really enjoyed being on the boat us was swimming in the water with the kids. It took a little coaxing to get them to go in, but once they were all the way in they loved it! Bryce shocked us with what a little fish he is! He was just kicking away, wanted to float on his back and was totally relaxed in the water. So much so that he went out swimming a second time later in the day.



Marc got right up on two skis! He did awesome! We took the kids out on the tubes and they liked it once we were back on the boat again! They talk about going tubing and that we went "fast!" but both of them were pretty nervous while we were actually on the water.



Marc then battled it out on the tube with Lane and then Tika...
I know he was pretty stiff and sore the next day! We had such a fun day! It was a blast hanging out with the Blake's and with the Wolf's and hope to maybe get out with them again next year maybe :)



Bryce zonked out about 2 seconds after the car started moving! He was so tired! I think if we had put him to bed then, he would have slept through the entire night!

2 comments:

Cranberryfries said...

Looks like a great trip! You're boys are amazing to last that long and be in good moods. I think it means you guys need to buy a boat. Haha ;) Hope you're feeling well Julie!

Whitney Blake said...

We had such a blast! Looking at the pics just makes me smile all over again. I love the boys!