We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl!!

On year ago I was murmuring about still being pregnant, living in Provo (the baby-making/producing city in the world), having irregular contractions and ready to meet my little girl!! I was in labor longer with her than the twins, but her delivery was so quick I hardly had time to process it all! One thing we've learned about our little Alexis Anne since her birth, is she's going to do things her own way, on her timetable and nobody else's!

Looking at these pictures, she doesn't even look like the same baby to me!Ever since the start, Lexi has been a sweet, peaceful baby, as long as she is well fed. If she's ready to eat and you're not feeding her, all chaos lets loose and she lets you know that you're not doing a good enough job of meeting her needs.
She has been adored by all the moment she entered this world. Alexis is a smart girl! She is so observant and figures things out very quickly.
Her smile lights up our world! When I found out I was pregnant with this little one, I absolutely panicked! We didn't intend to have another baby so quickly, but the Lord knew we needed her in our lives during this past year especially. What a blessing and source of absolute joy she has been to our family.
She's just fun! And into EVERYTHING!
She's a little firecracker, spitfire, goober, troublemaker, stubborn as all get out, and has a temper to boot! But you can't stay mad at her long, its a good thing she's so cute
We love that Lexi & her brothers enjoy each other so much. She thinks she's supposed to be a "big boy" and play with her brothers like she's one of them. They can get her to laugh and smile better than anybody else.
Being around others is a must for this little girl. She rarely plays off by herself, and still finds it necessary to be in Momma's arms most of the day. But every now & then, we'll find her playing happily alone in her room or off somewhere causing trouble
And who doesn't need a picture like this of themselves taken and shared?
We love you Lexi! What a treasure you are. This next year has big things in store for you. I'm not sure if I'm ready for all the changes that will happen, but I guess they're going to happen whether I'm ready or not, but one thing is for certain and that's that you'll make us laugh and smile every day. Happy first birthday Lexi Lou!

2 comments:

Julie G. said...

I don't think she's officially "Daddy's Little Girl", but I'll steal her from mommy yet. I love my little girl. It's a learning process every day, but there's nothing like a good hug and slobbery kiss when I get home from work.

Happy birthday Trouble! Love Daddy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lexi. It's amazing that in one year they go from being so teeny to full of personality. They grow up so fast. She's beautiful you guys.