I started blogging as a way for family and friends who were far away to see what we were up to and pictures of the kids since I'm pathetic at e-mailing and sending actual pictures/updates. 328 posts later, its kind of taken on a smorgasbord of topics. Blogging/writing is therapeutic for me. It helps me work through things as I write about them, and releases stress if I can just vent about them. I've tried to keep it as real as I possibly could, without drawing on and on about the same old things. I chose to keep our blog "private" because honestly, I don't need the whole world knowing that I'm using food stamps right now, or what a miserable mother I feel like some days, but it is part of our lives at the moment and so I will talk about it with those who I trust and who care. I've tried to be open about our challenges and most importantly, what we're learning from those challenges. I was talking to a family member the other day and I'm going to misquote them, but it was to the effect of, its ok to be poor, most of us will go through a period in our lives where we are poor, but as long as you try your hardest not to stay that way, learn what you can from it, weather through it, and don't keep beating yourself up over it. I blog to remember things, to share my faith, and just to have fun. I have been misunderstood at times, and have had malicious, false, lies about Marc and I (by name) posted on another's blog. It's difficult to not fight back, so the only thing I can do is continue to be "real" about my life, my beliefs, and what I hold dear to my heart without ever criticizing others. So there you have it. I hope you'll keep coming back to read our blog, and even LEAVE COMMENTS when you stop by to visit. You never know what you're going to read next, but isn't that the most fun thing about blogging?
Julie
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Why I blog
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Seriously? Who is malicious in their blogging? It wouldn't make them look very good to be malicious would it? Thanks for blogging the way you do. I am curious about people's lives, and decisions they make for their family, because in our case, I'm right there with you, making so many of the same decisions at the same time.
That is really sad and pathetic that someone would be malicious like that way in their blog. I just want you to know that we love you and I love reading your blog. Thanks for letting me be a part of your life. :)
That is awful for someone to write something bad about you two in their blog. I would ignore it because you guys are great people. I enjoy reading your blog and keeping in touch with your family. Keep it up. I don't care if I'm reading about coupons or a bad day, it's a part of your life and that is what blogging is about. I love you guys and have appreciated the friends that you both have always been to us. We all go through hard times and that doesn't make us a bad mother or bad prople. Don't ever think that.
I like "real" blogs. Thanks for inviting me to your private space. I have learned from you as you have shared the challenges that you have faced and are enduring. I have felt your testimony and strength. I feel lucky to serve with you in Relief Society. Once again, thanks for being real.
Post a Comment