We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Absolutely Brilliant!!

We got a call from my mom last night asking if we'd like her to come watch the kids so we could go out. I immediately said "yes!" and next thing we know we were rushing home from the store to feed the kids before we left to take advantage of our free movie tickets courtesy of my brother. When we showed up at the Ticket Box, we found out the 7:00 showing for Avatar was only for the IMax 3D . Our tickets didn't cover the 3d showing, but luckily for us, there was a very nice manager that said he'd let us go see it "on him". Sweet!! I've never seen a movie in 3D before so I was a little apprehensive of how the whole thing would be. It's a weird, but cool thing putting on the glasses and seeing the depth of the images. There's a spot in the beginning where the main character starts running and I had to take off the glasses because I was getting a little queasy, but once I was adjusted to it I could really appreciate the whole experience.
When the film's first trailers started coming out last year, I could not understand what the big hype was about. They certainly weren't portraying it as a movie I'd be interested in. A bunch of blue funky people, with tails? We could definitely wait for it to come out on DVD. Then people we know started raving about it, we looked at the full movie trailer on Apple and the story line actually looked interesting. My brother gave us the tickets and we figured we'd go to see what the big deal was.

OK, seriously, this is one of the best movies Marc and I have ever seen!! We have never walked out of a movie being completely blown away by how brilliant, beautiful, masterful, and overwhelmed by the experience it was to have seen Avatar, especially in 3D. It added an element to the movie that you felt like you were in the middle of it, the textures, depth, and images were so cool! Marc said that he would pay money to go see it again (big deal for us). From movie goers who average 1-2 movies a year in the theater, we highly recommend seeing this movie on the big screen, even splurging to see it in 3D! You'll be blown away.

No comments: