Tyler & Bryce started swim lessons in January at the YMCA. They go twice a week for 30 minutes, and I had no idea how much work that would be! Getting 3 kids fed, out the door, 1 dropped off at child watch, the others changed, out to the pool, then back to shower and get dressed, pick up the baby and go home is exhausting!
Once again, its enlightening to see the difference in the boys' abilities and skills. The complete opposite of gymnastics, Tyler was the best in his class for swimming. He can now float by himself for a few seconds, has no reserve about going under water, and is completely tickled about swimming. Bryce loves the water too, but he starts to panic if his teachers let go and he is reserved about going under the water, but I've still been very impressed with him.
I feel like progress has been slow. Even though there's only 4-5 kids in the class, the time they get to spend one-on-one with the teacher in 30 minutes almost feels like its not worth it. I guess I just feel like the boys would be so much further along if they could have private lessons, or if we went to class daily so there wasn't so much time in between lessons that they forget everything and have to re-learn it every time we go to class. But in the meantime, its been a class for the boys to go to and learn skills beyond swimming (listening, following directions, following the rules, etc). It's been fun for them and I feel so proud of them for what they've learned to do already.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Little Fish
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Thursday, February 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They are so cute. I would love to get my kids swim lessons but it is just to much. Have fun with it.
Post a Comment