Marc & I competed with some of our good friends in "Loveland's Amazing Race" on Saturday. All we knew about the race before we started was to bring a bike and a helmet, that we would be completing "challenges" all over the city of Loveland, and that we could expect to get wet, muddy, and our shoes would be trashed.
We had a blast! We were held in a running "chute" about 30 minutes before our designated start time and everyone was lined up by their start time. Two teams of two set out every minute (The race started at 10:00 am and our start time was at 12:30 pm to give you an idea of how many people competed in this race) We started out racing on foot and ran to different locations where we had to complete the challenge to move on.
Some of the challenges we had to complete were: Marc was blindfolded and I had to direct him through a maze. We dove into a "slip & slide" and each had to grab the same colored object, then climbed over a wall, slide down the slide and put on flippers over the toes of our shoes and waddled, we had to paint each other's toenails, search for a name in a brick memorial on the ground. Next we went down a huge slippery slide where we both had to hold onto a rope and couldn't let go of it we landed in nice mud pit. Then we ran to get our bikes and biked to the rest of the challenges. We rode all the way up to Loveland Castle (which was probably one of the hardest parts of the day) then had to make our way down a muddy/slippery path to a "piggy back joust" I got to knock off the King's Head! We rolled a tire up a hill and around a course, Marc was blindfolded and had to spray water at me and knock off a hat on my head . We were given a clue outside an animal shelter which was the name of a dog and we had to look for that name and tell the people what kennel number they were in, Marc got to Karate chop and brake a piece of wood. We had to try and shoot a basket while the firemen were spraying their hoses at us , we dove into a big muddy pool and tried to find two golf balls that had holes in them, and finally we pulled a canoe around a small course, then I jumped in and Marc pulled me across the finish line. We finished in 1 hour 43 minutes and placed 20th out of 135 male/female teams. I'm pretty proud of how we did and that I was able to finish the race! We were absolutely exhausted afterwards, but really pleased with the organization of the race and how much fun we had.
If anyone is interested in doing it next year with us let us know because you can sign up now. I think if we register at the same time we have a better chance of starting around the same start time, it's fun to see other people you know racing with you. It's also a lot less expensive to sign up now than later.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
The Amazing Race!
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My gosh that sounds like so much fun!!! I wish I lived nearby so I could enter it next year. And way to go--placing 20th out of all those teams! :)
Sounds like you guys had a blast!!! Ryan and I like to watch the Amazing Race on TV. It would be so fun to actually be in a race together.
Post a Comment