We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Life is too short...

I found out today that one of my best friend's father passed away. She lives here in Cincinnati and flew back to Salt Lake as fast as she could. They think he died from a heart attack, but aren't completely sure. It happened at 1:00 in the morning. Talk about a nightmare phone call in the middle of the night. My heart has been so heavy ever since I found out and I've wanted to help so much but feel limited in my abilities to do anything. I think the thing she's struggling with a lot was not being able to get back fast enough to be with her family and dealing with the shock of how sudden everything happened. I can't imagine what that would be like. I secretly fear that it would happen to me and my family and that's what makes being out here so hard sometimes. I taught a lesson on Eternal Families on Sunday and what a blessing it is that we can be with our family forever if we choose to and live life accordingly; I guess its moments like this which put it all in perspective. I'm grateful for my family. I love them so much! I'm so sad that my brothers and my parents and I live so far away from each other because they are the most important thing in my life (besides my own little family)

No comments: