This Monday, March 10 is Marc's 30th birthday. To celebrate, I had planned a big surprise party for him tonight. Everything was falling together nicely, until the snow. Yesterday I was in the process of making a cake and I got a phone call from Marc saying "I'm on my way home" I panicked and started cleaning up as fast as I could, then tried to find a place to hide all the cupcakes and my two-layered cake. I had just filled it with pudding in the middle and knew I might have problems moving it, but never expected the top layer to slide completely off and splatter everywhere.
The good news, I got everything cleaned up and Marc didn't notice a thing when he got home. Well, the snow continued to fall as you can see from the post below....15" later I wasn't going anywhere. I had wanted to pick up some last minute things as Sam's Club but since there was a "level 2" snow emergency going on (we weren't supposed to be on the roads unless it was absolutely necessary) I stayed put. The event that Marc was going to before the party was supposed to take place was canceled and all of my plans were falling apart. I finally decided to call off the party. I was so disappointed! I had worked so hard to get this thing organized and I've been so deceptive all week, telling lies left and right for no reason at all now! I think we're still going to try and have people over tomorrow night for cake and ice cream (I'm making a new cake) but its just not the same. So Marcus....I tried and failed...this darn snow! I LOVE YOU and hopefully I'll be able to actually pull off a surprise party for you in the future.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Foiled Plans!!
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Mark!! ~3~0~. WOW!
Julie that is so sweet of you to do all that. I'm sorry the silly snow ruined all your sneaky plans. :) I am sure that he will still have a fantastic birthday.
Bummer!! I hate it when plans are ruined! You're such a good wife Julie:)
Happy birthday roberto marcus!!(haven't called you that in about, oh 5 or so years:)
That makes me sad that that perfectly yummy cake got ruined. It looks so good- I would have eaten it anyway :)
Post a Comment