We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Disneyland part 3

We struggled to get out of bed on Sunday, but at least we didn't have to be there as early as on Saturday! We got to go down and eat a good breakfast this time which made a big difference. It was raining when we woke up and sprinkled on us as we got to the park. The kids and I waited in the open area between the two parks while Marc ran into California Adventure to get Fast Passes for World of Color that night. While we were waiting, the kids played in the rain a little bit. Those ponchos I bought and hauled around all weekend finally came in handy :)


We headed back to ride the Thunder mountain roller coaster. Marc went to grab Fast Passes for Indiana Jones and met up with us. It took us more time to walk through the maze of ropes/bars and when we finally got up to the ride, hardly anybody was on it! In fact, when we were done, those that wanted to just stay and ride again could. I had to switch with Marc, so the kids had to get off and go all the way around again.






 Isabel was happy looking at ducks in the nearby lake and watching for the kids on the roller coaster when they came by us.

We then rode Pirares of the Carribbean. It broke down while we were on it! 

Despite the break down, we still had lots of time to go about the morning.
We walked through Tarzan's Tree House.











The big kids and Marc rode Indiana Jones. I opted out. We then rode the Haunted Mansion. It was a little scary for the girls, but we kept trying to talk them through it. We then rode Winnie the Pooh for Isabel


After that, I took the big kids on Splash Mountain. We had fast passes, but didn't need them because we literally walked right on to it.

I put the boys in front on purpose, they weren't so appreciative!


They went back to ride it with Marc and used the Fast passes since a little line had formed. While they were doing Splash Mountain, Isabel and I went over to meet Winnie the Pooh and Tigger.










She loved getting hugs and was excited to meet them even though I don't think she had a clue who they were!

After Splash Mountain, we got Dole Pineapple whips and ate them in the Tikki Tikki room as we watched the show.

As we came out, we saw Aladdin and got his autograph and picture:


The longest line of the day was spent to ride the Casey Jr. Train for Isabel. We picked the caboose to ride in.


We then went on a hunt for Disney Princesses, since we hadn't really met any of them yet. Turns out, they have them in the Royal Theatre, or something like that. The line wasn't terrible and we got pictures without a whole bunch of other people around. We met Belle, Cinderella, and Snow White










 As we were walking out, Marc said Ariel had just come out so we asked the workers where she was and found her at the Wishing Well. While we were waiting in line to meet her, there was a big group in front of us that was there to participate in a surprise wedding proposal at the wishing well.
 Ariel was really sweet and spent several minutes talking with the girls.


 We grabbed one more pictures in front of Walt and Mickey and said goodbye to Disneyland since we would be spending the evening in California Adventure.


We tried to shop for souvenirs for a little bit. We couldn't find what we were looking for. We thought we'd have more time to shop later in the evening, so around 2 when everyone was melting down from exhaustion, we cut the shopping short and took the long walk back to the hotel.Once again, everyone crashed. We were going to try to be back to the park to do a few more big rides one more time, but the kids were sleeping so soundly, we didn't wake them up until it was around 5 or 6. Marc didn't want to pay park prices, nor did he want fast food. He wanted something substantial, so we drove around trying to find a place to eat in Anaheim. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory. I don't think anyone ate more than 1/4 or their meal. We weren't feeling well. Marc and I then had a big old fight. We weren't sure if we wanted to go back to the park, but didn't want to miss the World of Color and felt like we were ending on a sour note if we didn't go back one more time. Marc dropped the bigger kids and me off at the park so we didn't have to walk, while he and Isabel parked at the hotel and he brought her in the stroller. 

The bigger kids and I went to ride the Tower of Terror. The boys had really been looking forward to it. I was the lucky one who got to ride with them. For me, it was awful! It was the worst ride I've been on. The things you do for your children! Good grief!
 We did some rides in Bug's Land for Isabel

 Looking like Hillbillies outside Mater's Jamboree


 The Little Mermaid was simply riding in a clamshell through different scenes of the movie. I guess after "Tower of Terror" I should have welcomed the simpleness. 



 That was our last ride before we had to go get spots for the World of Color show. 
 While we were waiting, Marc got some sundaes at Ghiradelli (belated birthday treat for Lexi). We hardly finished 1 of the 2 that he bought! I felt so weird throwing away such fancy ice cream, but it would have been a melted mess everywhere. 
.




 The World of Color show was really cool. It was a great way to end the trip. We're glad we made one more big push to return to the park for a little bit. I feel like we ended on a high note instead of a sour. As you can see, Isabel was already passing out in this picture. Poor little girl was such a trooper! She absolutely loved Disneyland and constantly talks about it. People tried to talk us out of taking her, but I'm sure glad we did! 


What we all needed and wanted most was a good night's sleep. Marc was up puking all night long. I tried to let the kids sleep as long as they could in the morning. I quietly ushered them out of the hotel room and tried to stay down at breakfast for as long as we could before going back up to the room. We had hoped to go do some souvenir shopping at Downtown Disney before we left, but Marc was so sick he could hardly walk. 

We packed up the room and loaded up the car. I never drive if Marc is with me. He always drives. He always wants to drive the entire distance of a road trip no matter how many times I offer, he always declines. So as it was raining in California, he handed the keys over to me and I got to drive through California highways/freeways (in the blinding rain) and drove the entire way home. we stopped several times to break up the sitting. Once in the outlet stores just out of Las Vegas, once in St. George. We visited the St. George temple and walked around the grounds briefly. 



Right after filling up with gas and stopping by McDonald's for food in St. George, we were about 5-10 minutes out on the freeway when Isabel puked all over herself in the car. Oh, good glory. What a trip. Fortunately, there was a very wide shoulder to pull off onto to get her all cleaned up. We had several water bottles to try and rinse her off with and a change of clothes. But her car seat couldn't be cleaned very well and it stank the rest of the trip. 

Despite being sick, we had an amazing trip. The best parts for me was watching the excitement in the kids eyes and getting to experience everything with them for the first time. They behaved themselves so well. They loved going on the rides, meeting the characters, and were patient as we tried to do something for everyone even if it wasn't something they themselves wanted to do. I'm so grateful that we were able to make this happen (after years of trying to go!) Not sure when we'll be able to get back again. Probably not for another several years, but we will treasure this adventure always!

No comments: