We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Disneyland part 2

I was up all night throwing up. I made my way down to the concierge about 2 in the morning for some Pepto Bismol and that helped a little bit. When I was finally going back to sleep, Bryce was up puking. It was marvelous.

We were trying to get to the park for Magic Morning, which started at 7:00 am. We woke everyone up a little after 6 to get dressed and ready to go and walk down to the parks. Our hotel was really nice. We stayed at the Hyatt Place. It had a King bed in one room, and bunk beds with a queen hide away in the other room. We were looking forward to the complimentary hot breakfast in the morning, but breakfast didn't start until 7! We opted for go-gurts and granola bars as we speed walked to the parks. We got there right as everything was opening for Magic morning. Our original plan was to ride Peter Pan, but it wasn't open yet. We opted to not stand and wait in line, which also meant that we probably wouldn't get another chance to ride it. I took Isabel on Dumbo, while Marc took the bigger kids on the Matterhorn. The boys loved it, Lexi hated it. Isabel loved Dumbo. We rode the Carousel, met up with the others, rode the carousel again, rode Dumbo again, and then rode some of the old, original rides. The really jerky ones that swing you around and jolt and make your upset tummy feel wonderful!.

















We were finishing up with Magic Morning and getting ready to head over to California Adventure. We came out, and they had the rope up with the regular park guests all lined up pushing to get in. We found a photographer real quick and asked to get a shot in front of the castle while every one was watching. They then dropped the rope as we were taking our picture and hundreds of people came rushing at us as we tried to fight against them to get out of the park! It was a little nuts!

 We made our way into California Adventure, Marc grabbed Cars Fast Passes while I took the kids to get in line for Toy Story Mania over in the Pier. We had to wear 3d glasses, so we did our best to rock the look.

 This ride was really fun! We had these little guns that you pulled a rope cord to fire. It was all 3d carnival games with toy story characters. The cars spun around and went all over the place


Afterwards, the 3 big kids and Marc went to ride California Screaming, which is a roller coaster that goes upside down. I couldn't believe Lexi was going to ride on it, I thought for sure that girl would be peeing her pants! The roller coaster comes out of the loading area and stops for a second in the water before blasting up a big uphill tunnel.

Lexi was bent over, so you couldn't see her in this pic.
 They all loved it! Even Lexi. They persuaded me to ride with them while Marc stayed with Isabel. Here's some pictures of them playing while we were on the roller coaster.

 I tried to smile for the camera, this was the best I could do, lol. Let's just say I didn't love it as much as the kids. I think I would have loved it more had I been feeling better.
 Next, we rode on the gondola/farris Mickey Wheel. I refused to do the swinging ones! So we were boring and rode the stationary cars instead.

 We rode on a couple more quick rides. Then Marc and the 3 big kids went to ride Radiator Springs. Isabel and I went to try and track down some food.

 No restaurants were open for food! I couldn't find anything anywhere. I finally found one restaurant that was open and the line was going out the wazoo! We started waiting in line and Isabel starting having a melt down, crying and screaming. I couldn't make the line go faster, I knew she'd feel better after she had some food, but we didn't have anything to eat because it was all back at the hotel, so the only option for food was waiting in this line. Marc finally called when they were off the ride. I asked him to come grab Isabel, but I couldn't tell him where we were to come find us. I tried to give some clues, but I had no idea and I was too frazzled by Isabel to think straight. Fortunately, he found us, grabbed her and went to go get seats in the Disney Jr. show.

Disney Jr. was fun for Isabel. Very interactive, lots of things came down from the ceiling, all of her favorite characters were there. It was a good break.


 After the show, we went back to the hotel. Once again, Isabel fell asleep in the stroller right away and stayed asleep even when I moved her to her bed. We let the kids sleep for quite awhile and when they started stirring we roused them to go swim at the pool. The pool was cold! They said it was heated, but it was outside and it was not heated enough! We mostly stayed in the hot tub. I don't think we were out there later than 30 minutes. We showered, changed, and got ready to go back to the park.

The kids did "Star Tours" with Marc. The boys really wanted to do it again, so using the rider swap, I went with them. I hated it. It got my stomach all upset all over again.
 We then watched the Jedi Training show. Kids got to sign up to be a part of it, we tried to sign ours up, but apparently if you don't do it first thing when the park opens, it fills up immediately. They were fine watching it. We ate dinner while we watched the show.



 Marc took all the kids on the tea cup ride. I volunteered to take pictures.




After that, we got in line for "It's a Small World". Yeah, we thought the line the first day was long, but it was nothing compared to what we waited in!



We then went back to California Adventure. The boys and I rode on Radiator Springs at night while Marc took the girls to the "Zootopia" Preview


 Apparently, the ride shut down earlier in the day so it was all backed up. We were in line for about 30 minutes, which was long with Fast Pass standards.



We raced back over to Disneyland afterwards to get seats for the Night Light Parade. We kept having our space encroached, it was hard to not throw elbows!
















We were debating about whether or not to stay for fireworks, but they cancelled the firework show because of high winds, so that made the decision a lot easier. 

The only thing we didn't like about the hotel was how far it was from the Parks. .9 miles doesn't seem that far when you are booking, but walking it for the 4th time after having been on your feet and walking around all day is exhausting!! The kids were troopers. Lexi got carried home on our shoulders walking home at night but that was it. The boys never complained, but boy, were we glad to get our shoes off and fall into bed!

No comments: