We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Monday, March 21, 2016

August

I hate not giving each "event" it's own post, but I'm so far behind it makes me not want to blog. So the entire month "dump" of pictures and long post will have to do until I can maybe, if ever, get current. 

August was a busy month. We went to Nauvoo, had about another week to play, and then school was starting! I remember this August I did not feel the stress of having all the kids home from school that I usually do. They were big helpers with Isabel. For the most part, they played well together, and school started about a week earlier here than it does in Idaho so that helped too. 

Isabel is quite taken with baby dolls. She stole Lexi's baby Sophie and has claimed it as her own. She loves taking care of baby and is quite the little mother to it. 


 My freshman roommate, Alissa, ran a triathlon about 20 minutes away from where we live. I was able to go to the race to see her finish. I was glad I went, because none of her family was able to be there! I was a little worried about recognizing her (haven't seen her in more than 13 years!) But I found her, celebrated, and later, she and her family came up to our house to have lunch and play. 


Marc decided he was going to clear out a circle in the rocks for the trampoline. He hired the kids to move rocks. They worked hard in the hot, hot temperatures!




Having fun at the neighborhood park:
 check out that hair!
 Visiting the Draper Temple grounds:

 First day of school! I have 2 fourth graders and a first grader! All 3 kids are in school all day. Both boys are in the same class. We've had mixed feelings about this. At meet the teacher night, I warned the teacher that I was apprehensive about it. 





 There's tons of kids at the bus stop! After they get on the bus, it goes straight to the school, so that's nice! No more hour long bus rides. 


 This little monkey has had a hard time getting used to not having siblings around all the time to play with. She loves to hide behind curtains and cause trouble. Here she's pillaging my purse. 
 Fun times at the park:





















 Getting into more trouble with my bathroom closet. She tries to close the door so I won't see her, too bad her cute little feet stick out and give her away. 
 We decided to "hike the Y" in Provo. 
 Isabel wanted to walk too. 









 I found myself feeling sick to my stomach about being up so high on a slick mountain front. I got all freaked out about the kids and couldn't watch them or it would make me all anxious. 










 After hiking the Y, we met the Sorenson Family at "Seven Peaks" and had a great time at the water park with them. 




 It's toothless Tyler! Tyler has lost all 4 teeth on the top, and two on the bottom! He even lost 2 on the same day!


It was quite entertaining watching him try to eat corn without any teeth!



 We attended the ward campout this year. They had a "talent show" that mostly turned into kids being silly/stupid on stage. Here's some of the little girls Lexi enjoyed runnign around with (Macy Larsen, Charlotte Despain, Millie Shields, Ashlynne Despain, Lexi, and Brynn and Bailey Peeler)


 Both girls were exhausted!
 Kid Art:








 Isabel always helps lead the music during Family Home Evening. We usually sing "Popcorn Popping" and "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam". 

No comments: