We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Halloween

The kids had a school parade that Isabel and I went down to watch. 


We came back later that day to help with the party in Tyler and Bryce's class. I was in charge of the craft/treat so we made "monster cupcakes". The kids were excited about it, but man did they lack manners! I was shocked by how most of them wouldn't clean up after themselves, complained about how they didn't like a certain candy the whole time, or sat there begging for more. I can't change other people, but it certainly strengthens my resolve to make sure my kids have good manners and are always polite!



 Pumpkin Carving. We just did one pumpkin for each of the 4 kids this year. 






 Getting ready to go trick-or-treating. Tyler really wanted to be the "headless horseman" this year. I hesitated at first, and then figured why not, with his face kind of looking like a jack-o-lantern anyway! We painted his face like a pumpkin. I made a him a cape and he had a fake horse

Isabel got her face painted too. 

Tyler was a pretty creepy looking headless horseman. 


Lexi was a BYU cheerleader

Bryce was Harry Potter

 And Isabel was a dog. 


We probably started trick-or-treating too early, but as I watched the Suncrest Resident page, most people said it started at 5, and I think we started at 5:30. There was lots of dark houses and no answers on a lot of the homes near our street. Isabel had such a fun time! She kept up with the big kids and was so excited about the candy. We made a loop along one side of the neighborhood, stopped off at our home, got Lexi and I a jacket and then I continued with the big kids while Marc stayed at home to pass out candy and stay with Isabel. Apparently, she loved handing out the candy as much as she liked going door to door. We had much more success on the other side of the neighborhood, I don't know if it was because it was later, or what. But there was tons of kids out and we just zig zagged door to door. Lexi was ready to go home earlier than the boys. I felt a little bad for them. Maybe next year they can go by themselves. 
Overall, it was a very Happy Halloween!

No comments: