We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Monday, July 21, 2014

The rest of June

Coming in from Cincinnati so late at night and then getting up early to go to church the next day was a delightful experience. The kids were angels. I was a saint. We had a kitchen full of food to return to and everyone got along all day long............................

We jumped right back into the thick of things. The boys had a soccer camp early in the mornings. Fortunately, we found someone in the ward to carpool with.

 Isabel had her 9 month Dr.'s visit.

Boys had their first pack meeting. It was a water activity, Lexi got to participate too.

Lexi got to go to a birthday party for her friend Alyson Sorenson. They got to go to Jump Time Jr., have Happy Meals at McDonalds and eat cupcakes. Lexi had a blast. While she was gone, I was going to let the boys watch the next "Harry Potter" movie, but apparently I had loaned it out last year and it wasn't returned. Oh well. They were just as excited to re-watch the first one.

We invited friends and their families over for a BBQ on Thursday night. We went on a double date with a new couple on Friday night, Lacey and Scott Harris. Lacey was a teacher at Broadview a few months ago. She and Marc clicked really well, and they wanted us all to meet each other. So we went to dinner with them. It was fun. She's a cute girl, Scott seems nice. We brought baby with us. We noticed at dinner Isabel was starting to run a fever. We headed home after dinner. We didn't take any pictures.

 Saturday, little one was a mess. She was running a pretty high fever and just wanted to sit in our laps and watch "Baby Einstein". I stayed home from church on Sunday to take care of her. After running a fever for 3 days and her general crankiness, not eating, and not sleeping, I felt confident that she probably had an ear infection. I took her into urgent care that afternoon. Her ears looked perfectly clear and she wasn't running a fever any more. It was most likely a virus. Ugh. Glad I just spent $100 for that visit. Fortunately, she was up on the upside of things by the next day. And that was the rest of June! It flew so fast! Good grief!

 

No comments: