Lexi has worked hard since January to memorize all of her dance routines for her dance recital in May. She had 3 routines to learn, a tap, jazz and a ballet number. We got a CD with the music on it this year and that seemed to make a big difference this year. We practiced a lot. She knew the routines really well. In fact the whole family did, lol. I think we're all happy to not listen to the music anymore!
The girls did "Cowgirl Ballet" They were really cute. We opt to buy the group picture and take our own individual at home. Maybe some day I can convince Marc to help with the lighting a little bit. Until then, here you go, Lexi's on the Bottom Left corner:
The Jazz number was "I want to be like Michael Jackson" And yes, it was complete with moon walking. Lexi's in the middle.
There tap dance was to a song called "When I Grow Up":
The first dance at the recital, Lexi was nervous and tried to watch the other girls instead of just dancing. They were all a little lost. But the next two numbers, she just shined! She knew the moves, she was on the right beat and I was so proud of her! Her Daddy ran out to get her flowers before the recital started to surprise her with. She was thrilled! We took videos of all the dances. If I can figure out an easier way to upload them but not today! Both Grandmas were there and even her Grandpa Glutz, so she had a huge cheering section.
Way to go Little Dancer!

No comments:
Post a Comment