We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Summertime!

Tyler and Bryce had their last day of school on May 30th. They really enjoyed 2nd grade. They are becoming independent thinkers and their comprehension is getting better all the time. Both boys started reading Harry Potter. I love watching their faces as they read and seeing them get into the stories. We told them they had to read the book and answer our quizzes before they could read the movies. And, I didn't want Lexi around when they were watching the movie. So they had to wait a little while before that opportunity came up. Finally, Lexi had her dress rehearsal the day before her recital, so they got to watch it then. Both boys loved it! They've been playing and acting out "Harry Potter" ever since. Next school year the boys will be in different classes. I think they enjoyed their time being in the same class, but it will be good for them to have their own space. It's hard to believe that when they go back to school, Lexi will be joining them this year! It's exciting and nerve racking at the same time.

 
 
Bryce ended up receiving the "Top Runner" award for Second Grade for his Miles for Smiles. I think he ran 59 miles this year! Tyler wasn't far behind him, he was over 50 miles. I'm so happy they have a new P.E. Teacher! She has been an awesome change for the school! I hope they carry on with the running program next year.
 
So, the first week of summer, the boys had a basketball camp. It was put on through the city. Their friend David Sorenson was attending as well, so Gina and I were able to car pool which made a huge difference in getting the baby her nap in the mornings.
 
 
 Marc had a crazy week with work and being up with the Priests at Helaman's Camp up in the mountains. He left early Wednesday morning and stayed the night. Then he came to work on Thursday. I had him meet us at Roaring Springs on Thursday after work and then he went back up the Camp on Friday afternoon after work. He was a trooper!
 
 We took our annual Roaring Springs day on Thursday, June 5th. All 3 kids read over 600 minutes to earn their tickets! (Even though Lexi didn't get a free ticket, I told her I'd pay for her to go, but she had to keep track of her reading just like the boys in order to go). The Sorenson's were going up that day as well. I grabbed a baby sitter at the last minute for Isabel and we headed out, not knowing how long they baby was going to cooperate. Turns on the baby took over a 3 hour nap!! So I felt comfortable staying until closing at 8:00. We got home right as she was starting to get fussy.
 Lexi was tall enough to go on some of the bigger thrill rides this year! She preferred the wave pool to the slides.
 
Bryce is quite the thrill seeker. He was so excited to try out the new "Cork Screw Cavern". You literally get into a launch pad, they drop out the bottom and you shoot straight down and then make a hair pin turn. Sounds awful to me. Both boys went on it. I think Bryce liked it more than Tyler.
Tyler and I went on the "Toilet Bowl" Ride together. I have no clue what the real name is, but it is shaped just like a toilet bowl! We decided that was our favorite ride! It was short, but lots of fun.
 
 One of the days Marc was gone, the kids and I went to "The Village" in Meridian. It's a brand new outdoor shopping center. They have these fun little fountains that dance to music, just like the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas. It was national running day, so we signed the family up to run a 5k in September. The kids were free with paying adults and the promotional price that day was $15/person! So, our entire family gets to race for $30! (That's less than what it cost per person to do the Famous Potato or most races btw).
 
 We were so exhausted after the first week of summer, we didn't even get out to watch the Iron Man 70.3 like we love to do every year!

No comments: