We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Things I don't want to forget.....

This is my last baby. Everything seems to have a lot more meaning and emotion as I want to remember this experience for the rest of my life. There's so many things I'd forgotten about the other babies that I want to make sure I capture this time.


I don't want to forget how soft newborns are. Their skin is like velvet and their little heads, oh! So smooth and fabulous. I can't get enough of rubbing her hair and snuggling her sweet little face.

I love the expressions new little babies make. The pouty looks they do with their lips, the furrowed foreheads, the happy little smiles as they start to doze off. I think its hilarious to watch them try to wake up. It takes Isabel about 20 minutes to get out of her deep sleep. The grunts, stretches, twisted faces and squawks are so entertaining.

The newness of the world around them, as she takes everything in for the first time. Right now, it's the light and shadows that get the most attention. The electric lights in the house are often too bright for her, so we'll turn those off and just open the curtains and she loves to turn and just stare out the window. I can't imagine what it's like to see light for the first time after living in 9 months of darkness.

The "milk coma" look she gets after she finishes nursing. Completely satisfied, yet utterly exhausted.

"Purring" while she's sleeping.

Rooting. The voraciousness of it like a little tiger! I love how they'll open their mouths and jerk at anything that comes near them. We love the little "baby kisses" as she searches our face for food.

Baby snuggles. I love that I can just cuddle up with her and she'll nuzzle into my chest, my face, my arms and be perfectly happy. There's something therapeutic about holding a brand new baby in your arms. 

I may have to come back and update this list. But for now, I'll keep trying to enjoy this blissful, exhausting, time of life :)

No comments: