Wednesday, September 25th I had my 39 week check-up. I dropped Lexi off at preschool, bummed around the house for a little bit and went over to the doctors office. I had to wait in the waiting room forever. I started getting nervous that I would be late to pick up Lexi so called my cousin Christy to plan on taking Lexi home with her just in case. Dr. Palmer came in the room with another Dr. who was shadowing him. He said to me "39 weeks! you made it! remind me again how you feel about inductions?" Knowing that I wouldn't be dilated enough, I kind of joked around and said "I'm all for it! I'd go this afternoon if you'd let me!" His reply, "let's see where you're at and I'll call the hospital". I was at a 2 and starting to efface. The Dr. said, "well, I'll go ahead and give the hospital a call and see if they can fit you in today". Not really knowing what to think I texted Marc and said "I think we might have a baby today, how do you feel about that?". Dr. Palmer came back a couple of minutes later and said, "They're all ready for you. You just need to head over. I'll be there shortly to break your water and we'll get you started." I think I must have looked like a deer in headlights! I said "REALLY?!?" Yes, it was baby day! I was going to have my baby and put an end to this miserable pregnancy!! After some frenzied phone calls to my mom and Marc I drove 30 seconds over to the hospital, registered and walked up to the Maternity Ward. I was too excited, I didn't even think to eat, or go home quickly to grab my hospital bag and some stuff to pass the time.
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment