Saturday, the 14th was a hopping day for us. We got a little break with the boys' football schedule in that their game was at 9:30 in the morning, instead of the 8:30 it had been the 2 weeks previous!
The boys did well in their game. The sun was really bright, and our team got to stare into it for the entire game! Both teams were pretty evenly matched. We ended up winning by 1 point! It was fun for the kids to have so much support there cheering them on and the coaches did an excellent job! :)
After the bakery, we stopped by used sports shop called "Play it Again Sports". Marc was looking for a set of golf clubs for the boys so he could start taking them out with him. He was able to find a decent little set that even got used later that afternoon!
My sisters-in-law threw me a little baby shower at Jen's house. I had invited mostly family, but a few friends from high school and close friends from Caldwell that I thought wouldn't mind making the trip out. Only my family members showed up. I was grateful for their support and love. I didn't bring a camera, Deb accidentally left hers in the car, but I think Jen grabbed a few on her cell phone. I'll post them if I ever get copies :) The decorations were so cute. Very sophisticated girly. My mom did a few games. The first was we were all given a small cup of "jelly bellies" (in honor of my belly) and we had to guess what the flavor was. I pretty much rocked it, I think I only missed one. What can I say, I know my jelly bellies, hehe. The next game, we were each given a piece of paper and we had to put it behind our back and try to create a baby out of it by ripping pieces of it off. I failed miserably at this. There were a few who folded it in half and they had some pretty impressive babies! I was amazed. After games, we had some yummy food. Codi had asked me what foods I had been craving and so I told her trail mix and she thought that was hilarious and had a whole bowl of trail mix just for me. There was chocolate dipped strawberries, little cheesecake bites, fresh dip with chips, watermelon, meatballs, and strawberry lemonade. It was quite the spread and really delicious. After food, we opened presents and baby girl received several cute outfits, a hooded bath towel, giant box of wipes, and a "princess stroller" from her sister and Grandma Glutz. I felt very loved and it was fun to just be able to celebrate a new little one coming into this world.
No comments:
Post a Comment