We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Blessing Dress

I have gone back and forth on whether or not to make baby girl her own blessing dress. I had Lexi's, which was perfectly usable, but part of me felt guilty because I had made every body else's and I felt kind of bad if I didn't make one for her. Debbie, Lexi and I went shopping at the fabric store and we picked out a pattern which was more of a party dress not a christening dress. I found this gorgeous overlay material that was intricately beaded with sequins, beads, and a scalloped edge. It was completely different than anything I've ever worked with before, but I was really excited about it! 


 By the way, it is incredibly difficult to sew when you are 9 months pregnant! If I wasn't so determined to finish it, it would have taken me weeks just because I got so stiff and sore so quickly. Now I know why I did this much earlier in my previous pregnancies! 

Anyway, here is the finished result. Not the easiest to see on a white wall, but you get the point :)




No comments: