We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Teaching Preschool

 September 12 was the first official day of preschool for Lexi and I got to teach the first two classes. I started with the letter "A".

 Lexi snapped a few pictures of Marc and I getting the table and chairs all set up.
 We made alligators out of the letter A
 Ate "alligator skin" (cornflakes, marshmallows, butter and green food coloring)
 We read some fun alligator books ("There's an Alligator Under My Bed"& "Alligator Wedding") practiced writing the letter A and had free time outside.

The following preschool day, we talked about Apples. We read some apple books ("Apple Pie Tree", "10 Apples Up on Top" & "Apple Farmer Annie"). We spent some time talking about how apples grow, then stamped with apple halves. The kids did not enjoy getting messy, It was really surprising. Most got very upset and stressed that there was paint on their hands.
 For our treat, Lexi helped me make mini apple pies. We took some pre-made biscuit dough, flattened them out, added some apple pie filling then folded them up and sealed the edges. We also had apple slices.
 The kids all followed each other around, if one person was swinging, they'd all go and try to swing, same with the trampoline, etc. It was fun to watch. They're starting to really enjoy each other.
Teaching preschool again has brought up the idea of maybe I should start doing this as a job. There's still so many uncertainties and doubts. Nothing I'm even seriously considering, but I really enjoyed teaching. It's always in the back of my mind. Maybe some day, I'll do something about it :) Until then, I'll take my turn every 7 weeks to teach and feel good about it!

No comments: