Friday, September 6, we were invited to come stay the night with the Sorensons at Bryan's parents' house. (Gina and Bryan were house sitting). Gina and I stopped by a "chocolate" party first. Apparently, Scentsy is now branching out and making warmers that are fondue warmers. I hate parties that make you feel obligated to buy something. I most often never go because I'd rather avoid the awkwardness of flipping through the catalog to find the cheapest priced item, or leave as quickly as I can because I'm not very interested/can't afford whatever it is people are selling. Anyway, we dropped in, made the appearance that I felt was necessary to make, ate some yummy chocolate covered everything and slipped out as fast as we came.
The men had already put the kids to sleep when we got there (we were shocked actually that the kids were asleep!) what a pleasant surprise! We stayed up late playing pinochle, and Gina and I creamed the boys!! We've never beaten them before, had some very difficult losses, but the men always had the perfect hands to come out on top. I had the most amazing hands ever. It was pretty epic. Wish we had some pictures, but we were too busy winning to take any ;)
After a short night of sleep, we went bike riding on the greenbelt. I pulled Lexi and Alyson in the bike trailer and the boys rode (I think we ended up riding about 6 miles with them). Marc was riding with some of the scouts, they were riding a 20 miler at the same time and he finished up shortly after we did.
It was a fun little getaway! I wish we lived closer to the greenbelt. We love running/biking/walking on it whenever we can.
Saturday, October 20, 2012
Game Night
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Saturday, October 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment